May 18, 2011

Intro

I've assembled this blog as a place to inspire me (and hopefully you too) to cook at home and to eat more veggies. It's not necessarily a vegan or vegetarian blog but it will certainly lean that way. I plan to post my favorite recipes that feature vegetables and I will also compile a list of links to other sites that have great recipes. I also hope to have guest posts and recipes so that we can all share some inspiring and delicious healthy meals. I will also occasionally post about gardening because growing your own veggies and herbs is one of the most rewarding and inspiring ways to maximize your intake of greens.

I love vegetarian cooking but sometimes struggle to come up with full meals that are satisfying enough to call dinner. I have to admit that I'm a lazy cook and I prefer one-pot, quick meals and I especially love dishes that can be prepared ahead of time. I couldn't live without my crockpot and rice cooker. Therefore, the kind of recipes I want to feature here are those that are not complicated, require few dishes, and can be assembled in half an hour or less. If you have a great recipe that might fit that description I would love to post it here or even just link to it so that we can have access to them all in one place. Just leave me a comment here or email me at amy@strandoverfist.com to add your recipe to Max Your Greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment