- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can chili ready beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes w/ chilis
- about 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- about 1.5 cups of water + 1 bouillon cube
- salt/pepper/chili powder/red pepper flakes to taste
- Brown ground beef in a large stock pot or dutch oven. Add onion, celery and carrot and saute until onion is slightly softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Spices should be added per your desired heat level.
- Cover and continue to simmer for about 20-30 minutes until all veggies are softened. The celery will take the longest so if those are soft, everything else should be finished.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and/or a bit of shredded cheese.