May 24, 2011

Asparagus

Apparently it's the time of year for asparagus. I've been seeing it blogged about a lot lately so when I saw bunches of it at the grocery store a few days ago I couldn't help but pick some up. I know this might seem silly but I didn't know how to prepare it. So I googled it and this is the first thing that came up. Turns out asparagus is practically the easiest thing to prepare ever.
Trim off the bottoms, add a little water to a glass dish, cover and microwave for 2.5 minutes. Beyond that I just drained off the water, topped with a little butter and sprinkled with some Bragg's Organic Sprinkle Seasoning, which by the way is great on just about anything! It's a salt-free combo of dried herbs and spices with so much flavor you won't miss the salt. And no, they're not paying me to say that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment