- 2 pouches or cans of tuna (1 can of mashed chickpeas may be a good vegetarian alternative, I'll get back to you on that)
- a few tablespoons of hummus
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chilled
- a bit of mayo or plain yogurt (just enough to reach desired consistency)
- a handful of chopped cilantro (or your fresh herb of choice)
- a small handful of chopped pecans or walnuts or sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- various toppings for sandwich assembly, I like sliced black olives, sliced red peppers, baby spinach, feta cheese
- flat bread or big tortillas (I used Flat Out Bread)
- peel and dice the eggs and mix together with tuna, hummus, mayo, cilantro, nuts, salt and pepper.
- Chill (it will keep in the fridge for a few days)
- Assemble your sandwich by placing your favorite toppings and the tuna salad in the middle of the wrap and roll it up.
Lindy Loo has a well received vegan "mock tuna salad" recipe that seems worth trying if you don't do tuna :)