I had some friends over for drinks and a movie this weekend and I whipped up a batch of these in about 5 minutes before they got to my house. I popped them in the freezer and they were ready to eat in an hour (well, we might have had to "test" them after 30 minutes.)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- a small handful of sunflower seeds (but use any nuts or seeds you like)
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter chips in the microwave. Takes about 1.5 minutes but check every 30 seconds and stir to make sure you don't burn them.
- Stir in the vanilla, cocoa and mash the bananas into the chocolate.
- Stir in the oats and seeds.
- Drop onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper or (what I did) line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill each cup 1/4 to 1/3 full.
- Freeze for at least an hour and store them in the freezer for a frosty dessert.