October 17, 2011

Spicy Veggie Cold-Fighting Soup

I was home sick with a terrible cold this past weekend so I whipped up some soup using some of the leftover filling from last weeks Butternut Squash Pasties. It's a pretty rough recipe but it was delicious so I'll share anyway :)

Ingredients:

  • about 2 cups diced fresh veggies (I used butternut squash, carrots and onion)
  • 4 small diced potatoes
  • 1/2 cup or so chopped cabbage
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 veggie bouillon cubes
  • salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary, bay leaf, dried parsley (yea, I eyeballed all of this. I was apparently heavy-handed with the peppers)
Throw all of this into a crockpot and cook on high for 5 hours. I added half a can of white beans during the last 30 minutes to add some protein. Leave this out if you wish or maybe add rice or pasta instead. Adjust seasoning to taste.


soup

No comments:

Post a Comment