- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 half a sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, peeled, cubed
- 4-5 cups water + 1 bouillon cube
- 8 oz red lentils
- 1/4 cup of orzo pasta
- a dash of red pepper flakes for extra heat
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter at medium heat in a big pot or dutch oven and add salt and curry powder and stir for a minute.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent. Stir in ginger powder.
- Add squash to pot, stir and let cook for about 5 min. until squash starts to soften.
- Add water and bouillon and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 min. (at this point I used my potato masher to mash some of the squash a bit.)
- Stir in lentils and orzo and simmer for 10 to 15 more min. until soft.
- Taste and add spices as desired.