- 1 can chili ready kidney beans
- 1 can chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 small zucchini sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can diced potatoes - drained
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- about 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- about 1/2 cup water or broth
- heat oil in a soup pot and saute onion until softened. Add peppers, zucchini and potatoes and saute until slightly browned. Add chili powder and garlic and stir to cover veggies.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and salsa. Add a little water or broth if it seems too thick.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all veggies are as soft as you like them.
note: top with shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream or all of the above! It's also good served over rice or with cornbread.